Monday, April 2, 2012

Embellishment: Heartstrings

For the card to follow I had to incorporate the recipient's love for everything knitting. As I do not knit I had to think a little outside of the box. I had to look at re-purposing some of the supplies I had.

The only thing I purchased was a skein of yarn, and I don't even know if that is what you call those things. I had a hard time knowing what was for crochet and what was for knitting.

I painted a chipboard heart (Maya Road) with brilliant red acrylic paint. Added a little texture with a foam brush. My thought was to embody the paraphrased quote "best friends are tied together with heartstrings. The closest thing I could think of to resemble knitting needles was some headpins I had in my stash. TA-DAH!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! 

No comments: