Friday, April 6, 2012

Card: Warden Hall's Farewell

 Manly cards are a wonderful challenge for me. In my experience, all farewell cards are not the same. For this one I knew the warden loves golfing and is retiring to be closer to his family after 20+ years in service.

Once I found the image of an old fashioned golfer, the look of the card materialized. I had some weathered wood paper that I wanted to make the background. Even though I was unable to graphically show his love for Texas, I believe I achieved the rustic look I envisioned.

The envelope is from SEI's Savory Collection. I loved the almost barn color I see everywhere here in Central Texas. I want a step further by lining the inside of the envelope with the green plaid paper I used on the card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!







1 comment:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Your card is beautiful, love it! I just became your follower.