Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mini journal: Graceful as a butterfly

As a part of my new beginning I have set out to participate in many more online challenges this year. I find it helps me to focus my energy in a useful and productive way. In this page from my mini journal, the challenge was to use a quote in your project. The quote I chose was from a Chinese proverb that states "To forget one's ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root." The genealogist in my nature could not agree with that statement more. The photo is of my grandmother when she was a young graceful lady. The grace I embodied through the use of the feather, lace border and pearls.
My grandmother was an accomplished pianist, violinist, and a gifted seamstress. I have inherited her gift in art and some have said I bear a striking resemblance to her. I was blessed in knowing her.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew your grandmother and she was an amazing woman so full of energy and life. It was sad when she got sick; why God blessed her with so much life and then took it all away. You do bare a resemblance to her and your Mini Journal is beautifully done with respect and love in every way.

IVONNE