Saturday, June 9, 2012

Nature walk: Toadstool

Taking leisurely walks around the yard is something that brought some surprising rewards. Beauty is all around the trick is to take a deep breath and EXPLORE.
 

When I saw this mushroom growing at the base of our tree I did something I never do. I sat on the grass next to it in awe and captured this with my digital camera. It brought to mind images of Alice in Wonderland meeting the centipede atop the toadstool. 

When I viewed it from a higher angle I saw  that it resembled a distressed flower. Isn't it like life? in that just by changing our viewpoint something (almost) mundane and everyday can become sublime. In the weeks and months to come I will continue to explore the world around me and reflect on it.

Thanks for witnessing my journey by visiting my blog!

No comments: