Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Handmade tag: Summer's fancy


 Yesterday I set out a challenge to think outside of the box, and believe it or not, this is what I came up with. I wanted the colors to POP. In my everyday I prefer working with kraft paper but in this case I wanted the most contrast possible. I achieved that by using this black tag I found in my stash by the incomparable Teresa Collins.

I thought of making the paint chips look like ribbons across the paper and reinforce that with real washi tape. In the past I focused so much on making everything perfect that I failed to see the beauty in the imperfections. In this case I did not worry about the ribbons being perfectly straight, since I was concentrating on an overall summery feel. I am very happy with the result and would love to see anything you guys/gals may have created in my challenge.

 
Again I thank you for indulging my fanciful creations. Thanks always for stopping by my blog!

No comments: