Monday, July 9, 2012

Handmade card: Guadalupe

 I was commissioned to create this sympathy card for a friend's family who had lost their son. They are pious people from Mexico, so I knew I wanted to incorporate Our Lady of Guadalupe. I was lucky enough to find this beautiful picture on the Internet and the card almost created itself after that.
 
When creating a sympathy card I always take into account who it's for and what a difficult time they are going through. It's an amazing feeling when I hear back on how the card touched the people I created it for.
 
My best reward is having helped someone through a difficult time or given them hope after their loss. Any death is a difficult time in anyone's life and words can only help lessen not remove the pain. I trust my card has done that for the Ruiz family.

 
Thank you for stopping by my blog!

No comments: