Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Inspired by Donna Salazar

First versionFinal version I am currently creating a commissioned accordion album and used one of the techniques i saw on Donna Salazar's Blog. She is such an inspiration! - She has shown me how using a doilie can add an extra element of vintage to a project. The scalloped-edge doilie I used was an embossed floral design with silver and white on the front. Since I did not like the silver and white for this cover, I turned it over and used some chalk inks to customize it. I love how it came out!! - After a few fortunate accidents I changed the look of the cover and I believe it was for the better. The final version to me is softer and cuter. Thanks for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful! I can't wait to get my hands on it!