Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cheeky

Looking back at an old photo taken of me.... I'm guessing I was 3 or 4 years old from the baby teeth, LOL! - Cute red sundress handmade by my grandmother who was a talented seamstress. My parents loved taking pictures and this one was taken in paradise, no really, that's where i grew up... my grandfather's beach house in Juan Dolio (Dominican Republic). I cannot even begin to express what a fun childhood I led there with my younger sister and brother. We were constantly surrounded by grandparents, greatgrandmother, uncles, aunts, and carloads of cousins. At night we would build a big bonfire in the yard and the grown ups would make it a point to scare the wits out of the kids by telling SCARY stories. Sometimes I think back and smile at how simple life was then. I never remember worrying about what was on TV, goodness knows we were usually exhausted by the time nighttime rolled around anyway. I miss that silence where the loudest sound you could hear was the symphony of crickets calling out in a background of ocean waves. I just felt I had to create this blog entry to document this feeling. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful. I was there with you while reading about your moments in paradise. I'm glad you blogged this. Beautiful girl, Beautiful page!

mborrero said...

cute girl..hey that's you!