Monday, June 8, 2009

Card: Sew classy birthday





Luck has been my friend lately, and never so clearly as when I was commissioned to create this special birthday card for a coworker. Veronica's mother is a creative seamstress and when I heard that I knew what products I wanted to use. Donna Salazar has been an inspiration to me for a long time and I have been saving one of the camo flowers I purchased at her etsy shop for this special card. Her work at Prima and through her career gives me hope that I can achieve whatever I want. The paper was Stampin Up kraft cardstock & ribbon, as well as Basic Grey (Bittersweet, Porcelain). The embellishments are Me&My Big ideas (MAMBI) puffy flourishes and Fashion District butterfly. A Prima fleur vintage style flower capped with Say it in Crystals is the cherry on the cake. It was loads of fun to create and Veronica said her mother loved it... I am a happy camper

1 comment:

mborrero said...

Wow donna makes really nice flowers!