Monday, September 15, 2008

Card: Saint Nicholas





On Friday I received my first request to create a unique card. My customer asked me to create a special birthday card for his grandmother's 91st birthday. At once I was excited and honored to be entrusted with this. He wanted me to incorporate his grandmother's Italian and Catholic culture. I carefully researched her hometown in Italy and found that the patron saint was Saint Nicholas. The photo on the cover of the card is from the catholic church in that town.
Cardstock: Stampin Up whisper white card
Patterned Paper: Hambly Grandma's wallpaper screenprint
Ribbon: SU So Saffron, Yellow organza, SU Chocolate Chip taffeta
Embellishments: SU jewel brads, SU hodgepodge hardware aged copper (S Clip),Prima flower/leaf, Doodlebug jewel
Rubons: Creative Cafe alphabet, Simply Plaid pink roses

2 comments:

markinch said...

Lovely--would you be willing to identify the Italian town? Thank you!

Alexandra said...

It is a town named Bari in the Puglia region